With the huge increase in property values, this is an area that could give rise to unexpected liabilities for the unwary. We can provide expert planning advice on the mitigation of potential inheritance tax liabilities and aim to produce an effective plan that both meets your requirements and tax savings.
The matters which will be considered in planning effective inheritance tax savings are:
- The use of trusts where appropriate
- Examination of private limited company share structures to ascertain the advantages of any share reorganisation
- Planning in respect of the family home
- Ensuring that wills are tax-efficient
- Consideration of lifetime gifts
- Ensuring that all pitfalls are avoided e.g. gift with reservation of benefits.
Request a callback
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has opened a public pilot of Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT.
The pilot is open to sole traders and companies that are up-to-date with VAT, who have not received a default surcharge in the last two years.
Some other groups will need to wait to join, including those:
- trading with the EU;
- based overseas;
- submitting VAT returns annually;
- making payments on account;
- using the VAT Flat Rate Scheme; or
- who have never submitted a VAT return in the past will need to wait to join.
HMRC has also announced that a small number of the most complex businesses will have a six-month deferral to October 2019 before they need to comply with the requirements of MTD for VAT.
MTD for VAT will require businesses with turnovers of £85,000 or more to keep digital records and make quarterly digital submissions to HMRC using ‘designated software packages’ from next April.