Inheritance Tax Planning
With the huge increase in property values, this is an area that could give rise to unexpected liabilities for the unwary. We can provide expert planning advice on the mitigation of potential inheritance tax liabilities and aim to produce an effective plan that both meets your requirements and tax savings.
The matters which will be considered in planning effective inheritance tax savings are:
- The use of trusts where appropriate
- Examination of private limited company share structures to ascertain the advantages of any share reorganisation
- Planning in respect of the family home
- Ensuring that wills are tax-efficient
- Consideration of lifetime gifts
- Ensuring that all pitfalls are avoided e.g. gift with reservation of benefits.